The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds is a dynamic event venue perfect for Trade Shows, Home Shows, RV Shows and Sales, Corporate Meetings, Team Building, Weddings, Quinceañeras, Concerts and Festivals, Auto Shows & Sales, Fundraisers, and any indoor or outdoor event. The Fairgrounds offers 167,000 square feet of indoor space, 20 acres of lawn and paved outdoor areas, plus 40 acres of parking. The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Management Corporation is currently hiring for a full-time Venue & Event Sales Manager.
Responsible for the sales process which includes booking events, coordinating event details with internal departments and outside vendors, developing event costs with clients, meeting deadlines and providing exemplary customer service.
- Manage sales efforts by ensuring all clients are contacted within 24 hours of receipt of inquiries and offered competitive pricing to secure the
- Coordinate details of sales events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, trade shows, corporate meetings, and employee appreciation events by developing dynamic pricing opportunities with all customer inquiries.
- Calculate budgets and adjust as necessary to ensure maximum profitability in connection with the fairground’s
- Book venues in accordance with approved fee rates for various hall rentals including equipment and labor
- Coordinate food & beverage services and plan parking logistics with assigned department
- Promote the event using social media and other outreach opportunities to spark attention while growing the Fairground’s global presence in the
- Provide exemplary customer service by working with the clients/guests on day-of event to ensure all clients’ requests and expectations are
- Collaborate with Associate Director of Conference Services to ensure staffing levels are adequate in preparation of the event and the event runs
- Follow-up with client to obtain feedback and to discuss re-booking
- Coordinate event billing transactions with
- Complete other duties as
BA/BS degree or equivalent professional/work experience
- 2 to 4 years of experience working for a similar venue or in a hospitality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and accommodate early mornings, daytime, nights, weekends and holiday hours to serve clients, as
Skills & Experience:
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, organization, time management, decision making, leadership, motivational skills, knowledge of food and nutritional guidelines, financial skills, expense tracking, attention to detail and customer service skills. Knowledgeable of CaterPro, Ungerboeck or Amadeus Delphi Event Management Software is a PLUS. Proficiency in other languages is a PLUS, but not required.
This position requires the physical ability to perform tasks in an office setting, operating computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment, as well as the ability to assist with setting up and staffing events. These may involve assisting with moving items up to 40 lbs. such as tables, boxes, chairs, pop-up tents, etc.; and being physically present and engaging with the public in an event setting.
This is a complex, fast paced, deadline oriented, creative non-profit organization that schedules, manages and caters a multitude of various events. Job activities include on-site consultations and venue walk-throughs. This position requires flexibility in scheduling as necessary. This is full-time position, and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. when you are not required to stay for an event.
This position is a full-time, hourly position. Hours are variable and will frequently require working events held on weekends. Position reports to the Associate Director of Venue Sales & Events.
The Venue & Event Sales Manager is a non-exempt position; salary commensurate with experience. This position is subject to an annual performance review process.
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Management Corporation 344 Tully Road
San Jose, CA 95111
(408) 494-3100; frontdesk@.thefair.org