The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds is a dynamic event venue perfect for Trade Shows, Home Shows, RV Shows and Sales, Corporate Meetings, Team Building, Weddings, Quinceañeras, Concerts and Festivals, Auto Shows & Sales, Fundraisers, and any indoor or outdoor event. The Fairgrounds offers 167,000 square feet of indoor space, 20 acres of lawn and paved outdoor areas, plus 40 acres of parking. The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Management Corporation (“SCCFMC”) is currently hiring for a part-time Parking Supervisor.
This position is responsible for the supervision of parking facilities operations. Individual will demonstrate proficient management skills of assigned parking staff to ensure exceptional customer service and positive employee relations; and to maximize parking revenues.
- Assists Associate Director of Parking in the daily operation of the parking
- Trains and manages staff and schedules assignments to ensure efficiency of parking operations.
- Manages parking operations in connection with parking space/parking lot controls, including provision of appropriate staff appearance and functional parking equipment; identifies illegally parked vehicles and issue
- Monitors, procures and oversees the installation of all parking and traffic
- Alerts Associate Director of Parking regarding parking problems including safety and security hazards, maintenance deficiencies, and signage
- Makes recommendations regarding the issuance of temporary parking
- Assists in parking operations during special events and
- Reports any accidents observed or any suspected violations of SCCFMC’s policies, safety hazards and any unusual occurrence immediately to the Associate Director of Parking or Director of
- Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold employees
- Performs other duties as
- Education: High school education or equivalent, and two years of related experience in public safety, including a minimum of one year supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge of parking and traffic control practices, methods and procedures.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued in the State of
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and accommodate early mornings, daytime, nights, weekends and holiday hours, as
- Prior to employment, candidate will be subject to a background check.
Skills & Experience:
- Proficient supervisory and organizational
- Knowledgeable in the use and care of radio transmitters and
- Ability to perform basic math and accurate cash
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
- Courteous communication with the public and demonstrate good customer service skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Employee is required to arrive at work on time as scheduled and dress appropriately. The employee is required to work outside in varying weather conditions (cold, rainy, hot and humid).
This is a part-time, hourly position. Hours are variable and will frequently require working on weekends, nights and holidays. Position reports to the Associate Director of Parking.
$17.00 Hourly US Dollar (USD) pay basis.
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Management Corporation 344 Tully Road
San Jose, CA 95111
(408) 494-3100; email@example.com