The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds is a dynamic event venue perfect for Trade Shows, Home Shows, RV Shows and Sales, Corporate Meetings, Team Building, Weddings, Quinceañeras, Concerts and Festivals, Auto Shows & Sales, Fundraisers, and any indoor or outdoor event. The Fairgrounds offers 167,000 square feet of indoor space, 20 acres of lawn and paved outdoor areas, plus 40 acres of parking. The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Management Corporation (“SCCFMC”) is currently hiring for a part-time Parking Attendant/Cashier.
To deliver quality customer service, receive payment from customers for parking services and facilitate the flow of traffic through the gates.
- Assist Associate Director of Parking in the daily operation of the parking
- Collect cash and or complimentary parking passes and maintain security of
- Check permits to verify
- Make change and issue receipts or tickets to customers for each
- Provide directions, parking alternatives and information upon request to visitors and staff.
- Notify Associate Director of Parking via two-way radio or telephone regarding emergencies or problems that arise within the assigned parking
- Report any accidents observed or any suspected violations of SCCFMC’s policies, safety hazards and any unusual occurrence immediately to the Associate Director of Parking or Director of
- Verify shift transactions against money on hand and complete cashier shift
- Responsible for the opening and closing of parking ticket
- Education: High school education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and accommodate early mornings, daytime, nights, weekends and holiday hours, as needed.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to perform basic math and accurate cash
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
- Courteous communication with the public and demonstrate good customer service skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Employee is required to arrive at work on time as scheduled and dress appropriately. The employee is required to work outside in varying weather conditions (cold, rainy, hot and humid).
This is a part-time, hourly position. Hours are variable and will frequently require working on weekends, nights and holidays. Position reports to the Associate Director of Parking.
$15.00 Hourly US Dollar (USD) pay basis.
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Management Corporation 344 Tully Road
San Jose, CA 95111
(408) 494-3100; frontdesk@.thefair.org