Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Management Corporation (SCCFMC) is closely monitoring the guidelines and information provided by government officials regarding the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
To protect the health of our community and to stop the spread of the COVID-19, the Santa Clara County (SCC) Public Health Officer has mandated that all mass gatherings in the County scheduled over the next 3 weeks, commencing March 11, 2020, be cancelled. In addition, the Public Health Officer is also strongly urging the postponement or canceling of gatherings and community events where large numbers of people are within arm’s length of one another.
In following the mandate and guidance of the SCC Public Health Officer, the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds Management Corporation has made the decision to cancel all public events scheduled during the period of March 11 through March 31, 2020, including Off Track Betting and Bingo operations. We will continue to monitor and provide updates as the situation warrants.
- For on-going SCC Department of Public Health updates dedicated to information about COVID-19, please refer to https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx.
- The County Public Health Department has published Guidance/Information for those hosting mass gatherings and large community events and workplaces. The Guidance/Information can be accessed at: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx.
Everyone is urged to practice precautions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Other resources and updates on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- California Department of Public Health